Plan Ahead to Successfully Lose Weight

Learning to eat a balanced diet isn't as difficult as learning not to overeat. That's because our culture is not taught to "deny" oneself. If we like it, we eat more. If the plate in the restaurant comes piled with food we eat it. Many diets talk about asking for a box when your food arrives and then scooping at least half of it into the take-home box before you start eating.
Why do I bring this up? We're going out for Mexican food tonight. I've already started making a plan, like don't eat the chips and order veggie fajitas. Depending on what else I have during the day would dictate whether or not to have the tortillas or not. It all goes back to balance. My new Momentum Weight Loss program is helping me learn to balance what I'm eating (thankfully without counting calories). It's liberating.
I've got all kinds of writing projects going and normally I'd let the stress or time crunch affect my weight loss goals, but so far I've stayed motivated. I tried out my new heart-rate monitor while exercising yesterday but need to learn how to get through the different modes on the watch so I better understand what I'm doing. The bottom line is, I exercised for 32 minutes yesterday! A stressful day--an exciting day--and a no cookies or chip day!



2 Comments:
WOOHOO!
Now that's a good 32 minutes WELL SPENT!
Can I ask a personal question? Is your family behind you supporting and encouraging you in your exercise and eating habits? Tell me it's none of my business, its okay. But you need that team behind you 100% Because they are there in your physical world.
I'm always trying to justify why Mexican food is healthy, and I can't find one health benefit in it! UGH! I only began my love of tortilla chips a few years ago, but I don't eat much beef so the dish is somewhat americanized?
Chicken, tomatoes, onion, black olives, sprinkled with low fat cheese. YUM! (dang now I'm hungry) lol
As some people are eaters of sweets, I'm a chip person. :-) I think if it is done in MODERATION, you're okay. (and since I've found diabetes is in my family it is even more motivational reason NOT to over-indulge.)
As for keeping the house tidy? I turn it into its own exercise regimen. Scrubbing a tub can burn calories like you've never burned before, and vacuuming? Hello upper body workout!Controlled circular motions during dusting, bending correctly at the knees when stooping and rising and the list goes on.
So don't think that you can't use cleaning the house as part of your verifiable workout routine.
I say as long as your moving, its a workout!
Now keep up the good work and let me know how you did at the Mex. Restaurant.
I bet you showed GREAT self-control!!! :-)
Joni (who writes too much) lol
Hi Joni,
Well, I ended up eating chips. I'm another chip person, LOL But over all I did okay and this morning I hadn't gained. That's progress.
As for house cleaning, it does burn calories, but I don't usually do it long enough to be considered a sustained workout. Hehe
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home