Monday, August 04, 2008

Gogi Blueberry Smoothie


Ready! Get set! It's Monday!

Yeah, yeah, I hear you telling me to go away. Actually I should be working on my article on "Low-Cost Business Design Profit" but want to drop by here and tell you all that I put in my two miles on Saturday, and for the most part made healthy choices over the weekend. I'm on a smoothie for breakfast kick since I picked those fresh blueberries. I add:

1/2 c. Gogi juice
1/2 c. pure water
1 c. fresh spinach
1 c. blueberries (frozen)
1 banana (frozen)

It really is tasty and satisfying. You don't taste the spinach and it's a great way to get some greens into my diet.

Also, received word that my story about raising a son with ADD is now available at You and Me Magazine. Be sure to drop by and check it out. They chose the perfect image to go with it.

Today I'm planning to do strength training and tomorrow back out for my two miles. Are we having fun yet? Let's get up and move!

4 Comments:

Blogger Roberta said...

Hi Donna
Thanks for the smoothi recipe. I never thought of putting spinach in a smoothie before...great idea!

I've had to taper off a bit on exercise because of a sore knee, but I received the book I ordered on water aerobics. I highly recommend it for anybody who is interested. The book is, Fantastic Water Workouts, by Mary Beth Pappas Baun and you can order it through Amazon. It's full of info on physiology and how to put together a personal routine for different levels of fitness and physical needs or injuries. Instructions for the exercises include clear photos.

You are doing great with your exercise. Is the personal trainer helping?

Well, I'm off to check out that story of yours.

Roberta

9:40 AM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Hi Roberta,

I learned that spinach idea from my daughter. What a great way to get a serving of greens!

As for the personal trainer, I've called into his radio show the last two weeks. I expect my package from them today or tomorrow. Then I'll have access to him directly through the web.

Donna

1:42 PM  
Blogger joni said...

Hi ladies,
I've not left you all dangling spinach leaves and muscle crunching!

I'm here and happy to see you keeping the pace!

Sorry to hear about the knee Roberta. I hope the water exercises in some way alleviate some of the pain.

And you keep pumping up that hill Donna!
You're doing great!!!

Keep the spirits HIGH and the clouds will bow to you! :-)

Joni

7:28 PM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Hi Joni,

Thanks for the spinach. :)

I know I haven't been here like I would prefer, but the muse has been bugging me and I just had to write. Between the Pumping Your Muse Junior becoming a book of its own, and the characters from Beyond the Fifth Gage growing beyond the confines of my novel and into a sequel, I've been busy. Still have to keep up with my freelance work and exercise...and it is all under control, but my poor blogs have moved to the bottom of my list of things to do. Will plan to try and update at least three days a week and see what happens from there.

Donna

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home