Guess What I Did
What a day. Fridays I schedule a day off from exercise because of all the other things I plan to get done, and for this Friday it included prepping five dozen tomatoes, some broccoli, green beans, okra and the gallon of fresh blueberries we picked yesterday. My freezer is FULL and the garden is not done. I even removed the ice bin to make room. Interesting. I'll think more on that tomorrow.
What I wanted to take time to tell you about is my run/walking yesterday. I challenged myself to run the big hill...for the first time. I almost made it to the top, and I finished my first mile in 12:34. Boy that was exciting. In many books that's slow, I know...but not for me. I finished the two miles in 26:41. Tomorrow I get to walk without the timer. Ahhhh.
Here's my big news. Guess what I did? Remember when I told you about the No Excuses Weight Loss? Well, I signed up. Jonathan Roche will be my personal trainer. I can't wait for my package to come. I figured if he could inspire me to exercise consistently, perhaps he can help me with my eating. Time will tell. I'll keep you all posted.
One last bit of exciting news. My copies of Pumping Your Muse with the new cover arrived today. Just love holding a book in my hands and seeing my name on the cover. And on another note, I found a place on the internet trying to sell a signed copy of Windwalker for $119. Let me tell you, if you want a copy of one of my books signed, just let me know. You can get it for just $15,00 from me!



4 Comments:
Hi Donna
Wow! Your garden is in full production now, "exceedingly abundantly above all you could ask or think" as the bible promises! I can just picture you and family this winter enjoying your garden's bounty.
Taking on the HILL...you go girl.
I can't wait to read about how the NEWL program works for you.
Congrats on Muse, I haven't had that kind of thrill yet, but someday...Oh, such a deal you have for us on signed Windwalkers, looks like a major life investment is paying off for you (or in this case somebody else!) Bet you didn't know your autographed copies were worth that much. LOL
Joni, thanks for the tips on water excercise. I love to water jog. I can even get in grandbaby play time doing it, while towing them in their floaties. I ordered some books on specifics about Aqua Exercise.
Unfortunately, I can't use Activia because of lactose intolerance, but I am looking at Probiotics.
Have a great week!
Gosh Donna!
You are just bubbling with exciting news!
This is awesome! I always knew you had it in you to succeed but your determination surpasses all that I had expected.
The running success, your writing success, it seems everything you do is a success. (Okay I'll stop blowing up your head now) lol
But seriously, you are accomplishing GREAT things!Good luck with your trainer! You've already got a head start so what he burns and breaks will be nothing (teeheehee) ;-)
You keep it up and I'll continue watching from the sidelines. It feeds MY desire to succeed! :-D
Joni
Hi Roberta,
My daughter knows quite a bit about Probiotics...All her family has dairy allergies. If you have any questions let me know and I'll see if I can get some resources into your hands.
Donna
Hi Joni,
Actually, I have to give credit to this trainer for getting me jump started. I've exercised more of my life than not, but I allowed my writing to overpower the need to move, partly in fear that I didn't have time. Reality is, I don't have time not to exercise. The cost is too high!
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home